Saturday, July 21, 2007

Cheebo - Sunset Blvd



Had lunch/dinner today at Cheebo in Hollywood on Sunset Blvd. Good spot for pizzas, salads and really great breakfast sausage. After a chicken sandwich and veggie chop salad I decided to have a single cappuccino. Our server, who has waited on us several times and is always really cool and attentive, prepared me a single capp in a fairly large cup.
Let the reviewing begin:

M
y girl and I were talking about this blog and what it's rating system should be. We decided to try rating each category out of 3 stars, with a description for each score.


Coffee

* * 1/2
- nice strong flavor well balanced with the milk and foam
Milk/Foam

* * - foam was right on, could have been a little thicker - flavor was very subtly sweet. I like more sweetness in my milk.
Presentation

* * - good porcelain, nice weight. - cup was def a little big. I prefer the smaller 6 oz. size. Like the "Cafe Cappuccino" imported by Great Infusions.

Overall rating:
* *
Nice work. Definitely way better than normal swill you get at most places. There was definitely effort and some skill involved in that cup. And that is what we are looking for. I would be more inclined to stop in there and order and coffee than say the chain spot up or down the road. Keep it up Cheebo...oh and buy other sizes for your porcelain.

No comments: